The new year is 3.5 short hours away. I’m cuddled on my couch flipping through channels while Dessa is in dreamland. The snow storm is killer outside with some really loud, gusty winds. J is at work, texting cute little messages throughout the night. This is new year’s eve for me these days. I’m pretty sure last year was pretty similar. I was driving home from work today and thought how much my life has changed. A few years ago, I would have been mad at the snow for trying to ruin whatever intoxicating party lay ahead, contemplating how I’m going to trudge through the snow in high heels. Now, at the sign of a single snowflake I’m jumping for joy! How life changes. No complaints, though, I’m grateful for the ways my life has changed.
I want to bid farewell to 2008 with some of things I am most grateful for this year. I’ll think about resolutions and new beginnings tomorrow.
- I am grateful for Dessa who every day grows kinder and sweeter. She brought hope and joy to everyday this year.
- I am grateful for my husband. This year especially I got to witness him being such a wonderful father that I melted a little bit everytime I saw them together.
- I am grateful for the opportunities that have come my way. I changed my attitude and started giving out to the world the energy that I hoped to receive and things are working out just fine.
- I am grateful for our country for making the decision to elect a president that will change the course of history. I am grateful to this country for giving my children the opportunity to grow up knowing President Barack Obama.
- I am grateful for family and friends who have supported us in countless ways through some of the tough times this year.
- I am grateful to have been able to get pregnant this year after my miscarrige.
- I am grateful for new and unexpected friends who remind me that the world gives you what you need when you need it, you just have to open your eyes. I’m also still in awe of the power of social media to bring together so many moms & other liked minded people who genuinely want to support one another.
- I am grateful for my cat who never stops loving us even though Dessa has stolen a lot of the affection we once showed her.
- I am sooooooooo grateful to live in the Ocean State. Those are words I thought I’d never utter but this summer showed me the magic of this little state and it’s beautiful beaches.
It was a good year =)