Like Dancing

0 Flares Filament.io 0 Flares ×

I don’t do writing prompts well. Not at all. But when Danielle LaPorte launched her Burning Questions series, I couldn’t help myeslf. It’s fun.

As I was reading her prompts, I noticed a pattern. Apparently, given the choice,

I want my life to feel like dancing. Some words, some eye candy and lots of dancing.

————————–

I want my day to feel like a sun soaked, salt water drenched lazy afternoon on the beach.

Photograph by oohprettyshiny via Etsy.

I want kissing  to feel like a quivering breath surrendered after a joyous collision.

I want my next success to feel like a Bollywood number, vibrant, exuberant, kool-aid smile beaming.

I want my body to feel the music, like waves undulating under the sky.

Photography by violetdart via Etsy.

I want smiling to feel like throwing my heart up into the air to the touch the sky.

Artwork by libertadleal via Etsy.

I want my friendships to feel like my daughter waking up in the morning and giggly whispering to her sister to escape out into the living room with her, to feel like the two of them chasing each other back and forth around the house laughing like mad.

I want my word to feel like roots digging into the earth.

Photography by KristenMakesArt via Etsy.

I want my laughter to feel breathless and gasping, side splitting and bubbly.
I want the end of the day  to feel like spooning my first born to sleep, blissful.
I want being of service & philanthropy to feel like motherhood, constant, a lesson, it’s own reward.
I want my love to feel like bleeding love.

I haven’t danced in ages but more and more something in me is aching for it. Is there something you love which captures how you want life to feel?

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Pin It Share 0 Filament.io 0 Flares ×

12 Comments on Like Dancing

1. Laurita
    8 February, 2012 at 1:46 pm (3 years ago)

This is awesome, Carla! Very poetic, and visually pleasing. You’ve definitely got me thinking about what I want my own life to feel like.

2. Presley's Pantry
    8 February, 2012 at 6:49 pm (3 years ago)

I love all the photography you choose. Especially the tree with your words rooting into the ground. Great post.

3. Unknown Mami
    8 February, 2012 at 8:11 pm (3 years ago)

Well, seems to me you do writing prompts exceptionally well. Beautiful and inspiring.

4. vianney
    8 February, 2012 at 9:27 pm (3 years ago)

so inspiring, love the pics!

5. Comiendo en LA
    9 February, 2012 at 3:56 am (3 years ago)

Very pretty and I really like the pictures that you chose.

6. Bren
    9 February, 2012 at 1:25 pm (3 years ago)

singing and dancing for me!!! both of use really capture the essence of my spirit and soul! I loved this post!

• Carla
      11 February, 2012 at 9:41 pm (3 years ago)

I kept looking for the words but for some I movement and visions spoke better =)

7. Crystal
    10 February, 2012 at 3:58 pm (3 years ago)

This is beautiful! I found your site through Danielle’s list of links.
    I do want to dance. I miss it so badly and this it is a shame I haven’t done it other than in my office by myself.
    Such a visually pleasing post.
    I hope you have a brilliant weekend.
    Much Love,
    Crystal

• Carla
      11 February, 2012 at 9:41 pm (3 years ago)

Thank you, Crystal! Once a dancer, always a dancer, right?

8. Sujeiry
    12 February, 2012 at 4:53 pm (3 years ago)

“I want my word to feel like roots digging into the earth.” Loved this! So true and it is exactly how I feel. Writing captures how I want to live my life, and dancing and singing karaoke! But my book, Love Trips, captures my essence. It’s a dream come true having published my baby!

9. Viviana Hurtado/The Wise Latina Club
    14 February, 2012 at 1:46 pm (3 years ago)

It’s hard for me to choose my favorite since everything you listed is awesome. But if I had to, I would say I loved your words being like deep roots. I hope that others see that my words and actions carry weight and authenticity.